Selling a house is easy, right? You just have to take some cell phone photos of your house, post it online, and the offers just come flowing in…right?...right?!
One of the most common misconceptions about Real Estate (although fewer and fewer people believe this each year) is that it’s easy – and worthwhile – to do on your own. Why hire a Realtor when you can save that commission money by selling on your own? Well, Realtors exist for a reason…it turns out selling a house is complicated! Here are just a few of the things that the Hansen Home Team provides that you won’t get by listing on your own:
1. Experience We do this every day! We’ve helped clients buy and sell houses of every price range, style, layout and neighborhood. We’ve dealt with estate sales, rental properties, commercial properties and acreage. We’ve sold houses in pristine condition and some that need a lot of work. We know what it takes to get the job done no matter your unique situation.
2. Strategic Pricing You may think you know what your home is worth. Maybe you even took the time to look up its “Zestimate”. Zillow’s estimate, though, is often not factoring in updates you’ve made, or the condition of the home, or the new park across the street or the airport down the road. And even if the Zestimate is close, there’s a lot of strategy involved in our recommended price depending on the current state of the market. Should we list it low and let the competition drive up the price? This is where our knowledge and experience come in handy!
3. Staging Recommendations Did you know that removing area rugs makes a space look larger in photos? Or that pulling the blinds all the way up and the curtains all the way open highlights the natural light in a space? How about that technology cords, like your TV and alarm clock, are distracting? Or that neutral wall colors help potential buyers picture themselves in that home? We offer these tips (and so many more!) when it comes time to stage your home for photos.
4. Professional Photography Speaking of photos, having a professional photographer take and edit photos of your home makes a world of difference in the appearance of your listing. An experienced Real Estate photographer knows how to capture all of the flattering angles and lighting to show off the highlights of your home in a way that basic cell phone photography cannot.
5. Professional Marketing When you work with the Hansen Home Team, you get just that…a team. In addition to some highly experienced and knowledgeable Realtors, you’re getting professional marketing as well. There’s a lot more to marketing your home than just uploading it to Zillow. We highlight your home’s desirable features in creative ways and we know how to leverage social media to get your home in front of potential buyers. Not to mention, we have an entire network of agents (who all have their own buyers) to share your listing with. Trust us when we say your home won’t go unnoticed with our strategic marketing!
6. Industry Knowledge Along with all of the experience we bring to the table, we also have the industry knowledge required when it comes to the legalities of buying or selling a property. Avoid the headaches of navigating that world yourself and potentially getting caught up in legal issues…hire a Realtor!
7. Strategic Negotiating If you try to sell on your own, will you know a solid offer when you see it? Will you have generated enough competition to receive an offer above list price? Will you be able to negotiate a better deal for yourself? When you work with an experienced Realtor, they are fighting on your behalf in order to get you the best deal possible. It’s a no-brainer!
8. A Bigger Bottom Line
Taking all of this into account, there is so much that a Realtor (or a team) can do for you that you simply cannot do alone. By selling FSBO to save that commission money, you’re likely missing out on that money and then some on your final sale price. With a strategic list price, professional photography and marketing, a whole lot of knowledge and experience and an advocate on your side, you’re ultimately looking at a bigger bottom line and more money in YOUR pocket.
Want to hear more? Call us at (608) 497-0045 to chat about all of the former-FSBO listings that we’ve converted from stagnant to SOLD.