We all know moms are the absolute best and deserve to be appreciated every single day, but Mother’s Day gives us a great excuse to go above and beyond in spoiling the moms in our lives. Here are a few great ways to show your love and appreciation this Mother’s Day.
1. Treat her to breakfast in bed Breakfast in bed is one of the classics, and for good reason! If she’s a mom of young kids, how often does she get to stay in bed just a little bit longer? This is a great way to start her day!
2. Give her a few hours of “me” time Moms spend a majority of their day caring for their family, and it’s often hard for them to even sneak in a shower, let alone paint their nails, read a book, catch up on TV shows, etc. Giving her a few hours of kid-free time will be one of the best things you can do for her!
3. Give her a gift card to a salon or spa You ever notice how expensive spa and salon services can be? Chances are, the mom in your life would LOVE a massage, a manicure, or some hairstyling services, but has a hard time treating herself to those things. A gift card is the perfect excuse to pamper herself! PLUS, one lucky mom will win a gift card to Rejuvenation Spa on our Facebook & Instagram pages – enter here and here!
4. Order self-pampering items Create an at-home spa day for the moms in your life! A little nail polish, a face mask, hair mask, and bath bomb is all it takes for her to feel pampered at home.
5. Give her a week off from cooking (or more!) For parents, it can feel like a majority of your time is dedicated to meal prepping, shopping, cooking and doing dishes. If this sounds like mom, let her take the day (or week!) off from all of the above.
6. Give her flowers (and a nice hand-written note) Another classic, but for good reason. A pretty bouquet of flowers can brighten up the home and be a small sign of appreciation and affection that lasts for a week or more! Even if you feel that you express your appreciation often enough, writing the words in a nice card is always appreciated, I guarantee it.
7. Straighten up the house With young kids, it can be hard to feel like the house is ever put together. It’s hard to keep up! Whether it’s just picking up a few odds and ends or giving the home a deep clean, you can be sure the mom in your life will appreciate a little tidiness and organization (even if it only lasts for the day).
Showing your appreciation doesn’t have to be expensive or time consuming – there are many ways to say “thank you” to moms this Mother’s Day, and this list is a good start. :)