When it comes to homeownership, there is a lot to keep track of. From the monthly bills and the seasonal maintenance to the neighborhood happenings and home security, it can all feel like a lot sometimes! A perk of being a homeowner in 2021 is that life is made just a little bit easier with the help of some useful smartphone apps. Check out our list of applications that we think every homeowner could benefit from!
1. Home Security Whether you have ADT, Nest, SimpliSafe, Vivint or something else, there are many ways to keep your home safe and secure through cameras, lights and alarms. Many of these security systems can be managed simply and easily from a smartphone app!
2. Next Door Get to know your neighbors and neighborhood events through the Next Door app! It’s also a great way to stay in-the-know on anything suspicious in the area, a missing pet in the neighborhood, get service recommendations and more!
3. Centriq Sometimes the harsh reality of home ownership is maintenance and upkeep. Rather than calling up the landlord to make repairs, it’s now your responsibility to do so. Centriq makes this easy. Next time a home product (like your appliances) stops working properly, simply take a photo of the product label and the app will fetch how-to videos, the user manual, a list of parts, and more!
4. iScape If you’re having trouble envisioning how to improve your lawn, iScape can help! Simply take a photo of your outdoor space and the app will suggest and help you visualize the potential improvements. “Try on” outdoor furniture, flowers and landscaping before committing to them!
Homeownership can be overwhelming. With ownership comes important documents, deadlines, maintenance schedules, loans and so much more. Homezada consolidates, organizes and keeps all of that important information in one place!
Nicknamed “Uber for lawn care”, GreenPal allows homeowners to find, schedule and pay for next-day lawnmowing by trustworthy professionals!
Most people can relate to the scene of receipts on receipts piling up on the kitchen counter. Digitize and store those receipts in the OneReceipt app and always have them to look back on for reference!
If homeownership has you inspired to raise some plants, you’ll need Planta. Whether you’re a complete newbie at owning plants or you’re a few steps away from being a full-blown botanist, Planta can help. It can help you identify what type of plants you have, store them in its memory and teach you exactly how and when to care for them.
9. Amazon Alexa or Google Home
If you don’t already have an Amazon Alexa or Google Home, it might just make life a tad bit easier! These smart home features can control lights, plugs, thermostats, and televisions with the click of a button, whether you’re home with your hands full or miles away and want to look like you’re home!
It’s easy to fall behind on house cleaning and maintenance, but BrightNest sets a schedule and alerts you when you’re falling behind on these tasks, and provides easy-to-follow instructions on how to carry them out.